Full Form of NTPC – NTPC has two full forms in two different genres altogether. NTPC stands for “National Thermal Power Corporation Limited”. One of the giant Maharana categorised PSU of the GoI, under Power Ministry. According to the Indian Railways, NTPC is the Abbreviated form for Non-Technical Popular Categories.Here is how we resolve the confusion and discuss the two terms in the subsequent paragraphs.
Full Form of NTPC
NTPC stands for “National Thermal Power Corporation Limited”. One of the giant Maharana categorised PSU of the GoI, under Power Ministry.
This is Indias largest thermal power generation across India (few units beyond the Indian territory too). Here are some more facts related which could be beneficial to the readers about NTPC-
NTPC is India’s largest power utility with an installed capacity of 51,708 MW, plans to become a 130 GW company by 2032. Established in 1975, NTPC aims to be the world’s largest and best power major.
NTPC has comprehensive Rehabilitation & Resettlement and CSR policies well integrated with its core business of setting up power projects and generating electricity. The company is committed to generating reliable power at competitive prices in a sustainable manner by optimising the use of multiple energy sources with innovative eco-friendly technologies thereby NTPC is contributing to the economic development of the nation and upliftment of the society.
The NTPC is listed on the NSE (National Stock Exchange) and the BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange).
Present CMD Mr Gurdeep Singh
Incorporation year -1972.
|Individual Power Stations||Number|
|Combined Cycle Gas/Liquid fuel||7|
|Joint ventures or subsidiaries|
A brief history of NTPC
- As a power generation firm, it was founded on 7 November 1975.
- Shri. D.V Kapur became the first Chairman and Managing Director of NTPC on 19 March 1976.
- The Indian government approved the first NTPC project on 8 December 1976: a power generation plant at Singrauli in UP.
- In the year of 1997, the status of Navratna Firm was conferred.
- It has become a listed entity in 2004 and was relabelled NTPC Limited in 2005.
- It agreed with Sri Lanka in 2006 to establish two 250 MW units each at Trincomalee in Sri Lanka.
- It became a Maharatna firm in May 2010.
- NTPC formed a partnership with renowned companies such as NHPC, BHEL, Bharat Forge, SAIL, Coal India, & NMDC between 2008 & 2011.
Official Website – http://www.ntpc.co.in/ Full Form of NTPC
RRB Full Form of NTPC
Full Form of NTPC – NTPC is the Abbreviated form for Non-Technical Popular Categories. The RRB NTPC is the exam that is held for the non-technical categories for the railways.
This single exam is conducted for the 9 job positions.
1) Traffic Apprentice
2) Commercial Apprentice
3) Enquiry- Cum-Reservation Clerk
4) Goods Guard
5) Senior – Clerk-Cum Typist
6) Junior Accounts Assistant -Cum -Typist
7) Assistant Station Master
8) Traffic Assistant
9) Senior Time Keeper
RRB NTPC employees will get a Basic pay of
- Commercial Apprentice (CA) 9300 – 34800
- Traffic Apprentice (TA) 9300 – 34800
- Goods Guard 5200 -20200
- RRB Junior Account Assistant (JAA) 5200 – 20200
- Inquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) 5200 – 20200
- Senior Clerk cum Typist5200 – 20200
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) 5200 – 20200
- Senior Time Keeper5200 – 20200
- Traffic Assistance5200 – 20200
RRB NTPC employees will get various allowances are as under
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Pension Scheme
- Medical Benefits
The net pay after deductions is going to be Rs 22,550 for Grade Pay 4200 and Rs 18,912 for Grade Pay 2800. However, all the salary components, and hence the net pay is likely to increase if 7th CPC is implemented.
Must Read – Full form of MLA, NEET Full form