UGC Notification On Final Year Exam 2020: The University Grants Commission (UGC) has released its UGC Revised Guidelines regarding Final Year / Semester Exam 2020 and new academic calendar of universities and educational institutions. Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank gave the information of this decision of UGC and press note on Monday, July 6 2020 late evening. Shortly before this, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of the Government of India also allowed universities to conduct examinations.
UGC Notification On Final Year Exam 2020:
As per the UGC Revised Guidelines, the final year / semester examinations of graduates and masters in universities / educational institutions will be conducted by the end of September 2020. But all the educational institutes and its students have to follow the Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, Government of India to prevent the corona virus. The revised guidelines of UGC can be seen further.
About UGC Notification On Final Year Exam 2020, HRD Minister Nishank said that the UGC has revised its earlier guidelines related to the examinations of universities. After much consultation, new guidelines have been issued keeping in mind the larger interests of students such as safety of students, placements and their careers looking at the rising numbers of Covid-19 cases.
Tweet about UGC Notification On Final Year Exam 2020
UGC Revised Guidelines
The UGC has written in its press note that in view of the Corona crisis in April 2020, the University Grants Commission (UGC) set up a committee of experts to submit its report on the examinations and the new academic session. Based on the report / recommendation of the same committee, UGC had issued guidelines on 29 April 2020 regarding the examinations and academic calendar of universities.
The UGC has once again urged the Expert Committee to reconsider the guidelines issued in April and suggest university exams and academic sessions as the current cases of corona virus epidemic continue to rise. This committee presented its suggestions in an emergency meeting of the UGC on July 06, which was accepted by the UGC.
UGC Revised Guidelines: Key Highlights-
- Terminal (Final Year) semester / final year examinations will be conducted by the end of September 2020. These examinations can be conducted online or offline by the institute, as per their convenience.
- Final year / semester students should be evaluated on the basis of offline / online examination.
- If any student is not able to appear in the final year examination, then they should be given the chance to participate in the special examination conducted by the university or the institute concerned. This special examination can be conducted by the university when it considers appropriate. But this system will be valid only for academic year 2019-20 as special case.
- For the remaining exams, such as BA first year, second year / first semester or second semester, only guidelines issued by UGC on 29 April 2020 will be valid.
Also Read: CTET 2020 Exam Postponed, Check Notice Now
UGC Revised Guidelines, For Students What Has Changed?
- Looking at all the information, students can be assure that nothing has changed except the dates (Which is postponed)
- Also, some of the states which were raising concerns regarding Final Year Exam 2020 may agreed after UGC Notification On Final Year Exam 2020 and UGC Revised Guidelines.
Press Release; UGC Notification On Final Year Exam 2020
|Official Website||Click Here|
|UGC Revised Guidelines||Click Here|
|Like Us in FB||Like|
|Join Our GovtSakari Group in WhatsApp||Join|